Search This Blog

Be Careful What you wish for

This phrase really bothers me "Be careful what you wish for"
I have never understood it, because the things that I wish for I really want to happen.
For instance winning the lottery, do not see any downside to that, unless you already had surrounded yourself with shady people prior to winning the lottery, which I have not.
Another one of my wishes is to write a book and get it published.  The worst thing that would happen is no one reads it, the best is that it became a bestseller.  So again, why would that be a bad thing? I think it would be great. 

I know in the case of celebrities, maybe they wished to be a celebrity, but the downside to all of that money and fame is lack of privacy, but you can't have one without the other.  I would take the losing of the privacy any day in order to make enough money to put food on the table and pay my bills instead of struggling every day.

I know this phrase is used a lot and since this is my blog, I thought I would tell everyone how much I dislike it.

2 comments:

Goodpal said...

Why not look at the positive side of the life -- about all the wonderful qualities you have, good qualities in people around you, look at how much misery there is in the world and how fortunate you are not to be among them.

No harm wishing for things to happen, but at the same time allow room to appreciate what you have.

I look forward to knowing 10 positive things you have through your mylot discussions, despite the stress in life!

Good Day!

Unknown said...

I promise I will do that one day, I just can't help myself even though I do believe in a positive attitude.

Donate