Search This Blog

Even Oprah Cannot get people to STOP!!

When is this going to end?  Even Oprah cannot stop the texting craze.  I will admit that I use to talk on my cell phone all the time in the car, but never and I mean not even once have I ever texted while driving.  After watching Oprah's show last year about the dangers of driving and talking and especially driving and texting  I got hands free in my car and try to only talk on that when it is necessary.

There are sometimes where I think the government oversteps it's boundaries and makes laws that we really don't need.  Well I for one am in favor of them banning texting while driving in every state.  I also am in favor of them banning cell phones conversations in the car unless it is hands free.  Today while driving to work, there were two seperate incidences of the problem with talking on the phone while driving.  One was on the highway where this one car was driving in the left lane and kept swerving into my lane, I finally was able to pass the car and stay clear from it and of course when I passed the car, he was on his cell phone being oblivious.  The next one was on my lunch break, light turns green and the car in front of me does not move, honked at the car still does not move, finally I decide to move around the car and lo and behold another person being oblivious while on the cell phone.

Today I heard the news that a plastic surgeon Dr. Frank Ryan lost his life because he decided it was so important to tweet a picture of his beloved dog on the beach he just finished visiting.  Instead of waiting till he got home from what must have been a nice relaxing day at the beach with his beloved dog, he decided he had to tweet the picture immediately and because of this insatiable desire to have everything done asap his life was abruptly cut short.  The dog is safe and sound, which is the only good thing to come out of this story.  I cannot stress this enough, everyone thinks this could not happen to them, that they are fine with texting while driving.  I am here to tell you that no one and I mean no one should be doing this, a car is to powerful to take driving one so carelessly.  How many more more people have to die or be killed for this to be stopped??

1 comment:

hardworkinggurl said...

Oh wow what is ever so serious about tweeting that it can't just wait till you are in a safe haven, instead of while driving. No seriously my motto better to be late a couple minutes than way to early to your grave. Ugh.

Donate